Thursday, May 16, 2013

New Puppy! May 16, 2013

I've decided to make this blog to document my time with my new puppy in training, Finnegan! He's technically my first dog, but my sister, Kristin, raised last year, so I've had plenty of experience with guide dogs.  Our first dog, Triton, is leaving on the puppy truck back to Oregon this Sunday, and while I'm extremely sad about him leaving, I'm so proud of the things he's going to do. 
(Triton as a puppy)
(Triton now)

Before I tell you the story of Finnegan, here's a little background about Kristin & me:
Kristin & I are sisters living in Salt Lake City, Utah.  Kristin is a sophomore at Highland High School. She's 16, and dying to have car (lolololol). My name is Megan Crowley. I'm a Junior at West High School. I'm 17, and currently part of the IB program. 
Since we go to different high schools, co-raising Finnegan is going to be a bit of a challenge, but it will also be a great experience for him, as he'll get to interact with lots of different people everyday! 

Ok, now onto what you really care about.
Today's puppy truck was meeting us at a little hotel right by the airport. We got there around 1 and were so anxious to get our puppy!  Since we didn't know his name beforehand, we spent the past few days guessing names. My favorite was Fishstick, and Kristin's was Fruitloop (lol, right?). When the truck finally arrived, everyone there was ecstatic! I mean, how could you not be-it was a truck of 32 puppies!! 
A few puppies were given to their new owners before we got ours.  When Lee (the puppy truck driver) finally called our names, I could hardly wait!  At the first glimpse of my puppy, I squealed. Straight up squealed. He was the cutest thing! Lee said "here's Finnegan!" He was one of the cutest puppies I had ever seen in my entire life. 

(Me with Finnegan)

(Kristin with Finnegan)

A couple of my friends were there filming the experience for a school project.  So naturally they had to hold Finnegan, too.

(Evelyn with Finnegan) 

The car ride home was a little bit overwhelming for baby Finnegan. It took about 20 minutes and while he was good for most of it, towards the end he got a little bit yippy. It was funny though because at first he was a little rambunctious but as soon as I rolled the window down he sat on my lap and just stared out of it! 

When we got home Finnegan ate some lunch and went out back to play in the pool. He loved it! When he got sick of that he decided to investigate the yard. 




Later, we went inside to play with some toys, which he loved! 


He's currently passed out on the floor, and has been for about an hour.

Lol.

Even though it's only been a few hours, Finnegan seems like a very mellow puppy, and gets along very well with Triton! I'm sure Kristin & I will have lots of adventures with baby Finny and I'm so looking forward to those! 

For more cuteness follow Finnegan on Instagram! @finnegangdbpuppy
If you want to follow Kristin and me personally, our Instagrams are @megancrowley18 & @kristincrowley25 

For any questions or comments you can email us at finnegangdbpuppy@gmail.com





1 comment:

  1. I don’t blame him. That carpet looks like it’s very comfortable. How is he doing, btw? Your last post said he was sick. I hope nothing bad happened to him.

    Tyesha

    ReplyDelete