Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Finny is in Trouble- May 29, 2013

So lately Finnegan has been having some problems with biting.  He doesn't do it constantly or anything like that, but if you're playing tug with him he gets way too into it AND BITES.  I don't think he means to hurt you, and he's probably not even doing it intentionally.  But he still does it.  And sometimes it hurts.  A lot.  

Yesterday night I was playing tug with Finny and instead of grabbing the rope, he grabbed my hand.  I fully believe it was an accident.  He's not some malicious little devil.  And let me tell you- that little boy bites hard. AND DEEP. He bit me so hard that my hand was bleeding for a good 5 minutes and a definitely cried.... 

Doesn't look too bad, right?
THAT'S CUZ YOU CAN'T SEE HOW DEEP IT IS. It's basically one tooth hole in my hand that goes pretty deep and it hurts a bunch.  I promise I'm not over exaggerating.

My mom told our club leader about it and she (her name is Martine) decided to take him until Friday.  In exchange we got her cute little puppy, Sandy.  Sandy is a black female born February 23 so she's a few weeks older than Finnegan and considerably larger, too.  She's so sweet! SHE DOESN'T BITE! Hahahaha I'm really hoping Martine can stop his biting because I miss that little boy and don't want to have to stop playing with him for fear that he'll bite me again.

Finnegan and Sandy when they got off the puppy truck.

She's a little cutie!

Sandy and me(:

Other than that, Finnegan has made some major improvements!  I think I mentioned this earlier but if not, he has mastered the commands "come" and "sit" which is very exciting, especially since he's only 10 weeks old!  
We set up a YouTube account for him so we could post videos of his achievements and such since this website doesn't let me upload videos directly from my iPad :( 

Here's a link to the video of him doing come!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X2PAS53VZcY&feature=plcp

He's also gone several days without any accidents and is still accident free in his crate (except for his first night but that was expected)! His barking at night went away after the first week, but his whining in the morning has yet to stop.  I think once he's more adjusted to the schedule we have him on he'll be ok (that and when his bladder gets bigger lol). 

Finny still sleeps in the most awkward positions imaginable.
Seriously, how can sleeping on piano pedals be the least bit comfortable?!

Not to mention this....

On Finnegan's Facebook page we have an album of pictures we take every Saturday (his birthday) of him with his favorite toy.  The idea is to see how much he grows weekly, and to be able to see how much he will have grown in the year we had him.  This is his 10 week old picture:

In comparison to the first picture I took of him with this toy, you can definitely tell he's grown a little bit (how sad)! 

Also, here's a lozy pic for fun:
In case you're wondering why there's a giraffe on his head, you can find out by watching my Vines!  Almost every single Vine is of him doing funny things and they're super adorable!  My vine name is MeganCrowley18 

For more cuteness follow Finnegan on Instagram! @finnegangdbpuppy and on YouTube @Finnegan GuideDogPuppy
You can also add him on Facebook "Finnegan Guidedogpuppy" 






No comments:

Post a Comment